Shame on you, Los Angeles Dodgers. You just cut out an essential part of America’s pastime.

Tailgating and baseball are two words that go together, but not anymore at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers have banned even sitting and having a sandwich in the parking lot before games.

No reason was cited by the team for the decision, but it isn’t hard to see that it is intended to crack down on alcohol consumption and fights in the parking lot.

Here’s my question — why use money to enforce eliminating tailgating? Couldn’t you just use those same officers to provide security if a fight happens to break out?

Maybe things are different in L.A., but I’d imagine there are fans that enjoy the tradition of cooking out before a baseball game. If they ever banned tailgating in Milwaukee, there would be riots.

The Dodgers are even trying to make money off of the ban. One of the team’s sponsors is now selling food to patrons as they walk into the stadium.

The Dodgers should be happy that they actually have fans that want to hang out before the game and not come in the fourth inning. Let the fans have some fun.

×