The greatest golfer of all time and America’s most popular athlete is back.

Embattled golf star Tiger Woods returned to the golf course for a practice round Monday at Augusta National Golf Course. Woods will end his self-imposed break from golf this week when he competes in the Masters.

All eyes will focus on Woods, as fans have waited for the moment he returned to golf since a November 27 accident unraveled his personal life.

During his practice round on Monday, Woods was welcomed back to the golf course with a warm reception. Despite his severely tainted public image, members of the gallery supported and cheered as Woods geared up for the upcoming tournament.

It is nice to see there are still some classy fans out there.

Despite Woods’ lack of moral judgment in the past years and months, he remains the best golfer to ever play the game.

For an ordinary athlete, a long layoff from his or her sport may hurt performance. However, Tiger Woods is no ordinary athlete. He is widely considered a strong contender to win the Masters and add another win to his impressive resume.

Woods is clearly not the most ethical or intelligent man off the course, but his golfing ability is second to none.

×