Police Beat: April 15

ASU police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• An 18-year-old man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of committing theft, police reported.
  • At around 6:45 p.m., the man took a bicycle while it was leaning against a police patrol vehicle on the 600 block of East Orange Street, according to a report.

The man was arrested at about 7:16 p.m., taken to the ASU Police Department where he was issued a citation for theft, and released, police reported.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:
  • A 21-year-old Queen Creek man was arrested Wednesday morning on suspicion of possession of marijuana, police reported.
  • During a traffic stop on the 1100 block of East Broadway Road, police searched the man’s vehicle and found a leafy green substance within a bag believed to be marijuana, according to a police report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 28-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of marijuana and having an outstanding warrant, police reported.
  • The man was pulled over at the intersection of South Kyrene Road and East Vaughn Street, according to a report.

Upon search of the vehicle, police found a useable amount of marijuana underneath the driver’s seat, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 48-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of being a registered sex offender without having valid identification, police reported.
  • The man was arrested on the 1600 block of East 12th Street, according to a report.

An investigation revealed that his driver’s license had expired, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and charged on one count of being a registered sex offender without a valid ID and one count of being a registered sex offender with an expired driver’s license, according to a report.

• A 43-year-old Apache Junction man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug, police reported.
  • The man was reportedly heading north on the Loop 101 off ramp and pulled over for driving unsafely, according to the report.

The man did not use his turn signal when he was merging into the No. 1 lane, and almost collided with the police patrol vehicle, police reported.

Upon searching the man’s vehicle, police discovered a clear plastic bag with a crystal-like substance, and the man told police it was crystal meth, according to the report.

A test confirmed the substance was crystal meth, police reported.

The man was taken to the Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

×