Police Beat: April 19

Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 43-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing a roadway, police reported.
  • Police reportedly observed the woman and two other women in a physical fight around 3:30 a.m., rolling around on the ground in the median through eastbound lanes of west Baseline Road, according to a police report.

The police officer and several other cars were forced to come to a complete stop in the roadway to avoid hitting the women, police reported.

After the woman was arrested, she admitted to having a pipe she used to smoke methamphetamine, according to a report.

Police found several bags containing a usable quantity of methamphetamine in the woman’s property, which was strewn across the road, police reported.

The woman was taken to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to a report.

• A 23-year-old Queen Creek woman was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possession, sales and distribution of marijuana, police reported.
  • A warrant was served on the woman’s Queen Creek house after police intercepted a package containing 14 pounds of marijuana sent to Missouri by the woman’s boyfriend, according to a police report.

During the search, police found an additional nine pounds of marijuana in a refrigerator, police reported

Police also found receipts and packaging materials that tied the woman and a business she owned to marijuana trafficking, according to a report.

The woman was booked at Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 24-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs, police reported.
  • Police contacted the man around 3:30 a.m. for a traffic violation near south Priest and Darrow drives, according to a police report.

During a search of the man, police found two pills consistent with ecstasy, police reported.

The man was booked in Tempe City Jail and held on an outstanding warrant for aggravated DUI, according to a report.

• A 26-year-old transient man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of trespassing, police reported.
  • The man unlawfully entered a residence on west 5th Street in Tempe while the owner was asleep, according to a police report.

The man refused requests by the homeowner to leave the residence, until police arrived and detained the man, who was sitting on the homeowner’s couch, police reported.

The man was booked and held at Tempe City Jail, according to a report.

×