Police Beat: April 20

• A 27-year-old Mesa man was arrested early Friday morning after police discovered he had an outstanding warrant from the Department of Public Safety, according to a police report.Police contacted the man as a passenger in a car involved in a traffic violation, according to the report.The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, according to police. On the way to jail, he reportedly attempted to hide marijuana in the police car, and he was then also arrested on suspicion of being in possession of marijuana.

He was later released pending drug charges, according to the report.

• An 18-year-old man was arrested Friday morning on the 1200 block of East Third Street on suspicion of being in possession of marijuana, according to a police report.Police contacted the man when after he was seen with a clay pipe that contained marijuana sitting next to him, according to the report.The man admitted the pipe belonged to him and also admitted he had a small bag with marijuana residue, police reported.

He was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 26-year-old man was arrested at 7:10 p.m. Thursday at South Priest Drive and West Manhattan Drive on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.Police contacted the man during a traffic stop, when a K-9 unit discovered a usable quantity of marijuana, a scale and two syringes with brown residue in the car’s center console, according to the report.The man admitted to using the scale and the marijuana at noon that day and said the syringes belonged to his girlfriend for her allergies, police reported.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 27-year-old Phoenix man was arrested at 4:01 p.m. Thursday on the 2000 block of East Southern Avenue on suspicion of third-degree burglary, according a police report.The man reportedly stole a victim’s cell phone and wallet containing credit cards from a management office. The office that the items were taken from had a separate entrance and was not open to the public, according to the report.Police contacted the man at the business and he said the stolen property was in the trunk of his car, police reported.

The property was recovered and the man was booked into Tempe City Jail, according to a report.

×