Police Beat: April 26

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 29-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of marijuana and being in possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.
  • Police contacted the man during a traffic stop on the 800 block of East Apache Road for having expired registration, according to a police report.

Upon police confrontation, the man turned over two plastic bags containing a usable quantity of marijuana, police reported.

In a search after his arrest, police located a glass marijuana pipe with residue under the driver’s seat, according to a report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of marijuana, police reported.
  • Police contacted the man in reference to possible drug activity, according to a police report.

Police smelled the odor of burned marijuana when the man opened the door to his residence, police reported.

When asked if he had any drugs, the man pulled a bag containing a substance believed to be marijuana from his pants pocket, according to a report.

The man admitted to knowingly possessing the marijuana, and using it prior to police contact, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to a report.

• A 26-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of marijuana and being in possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.
  • Police contacted the man at his residence on the 700 block of West Baseline Road in reference to the odor of marijuana, according to a police report.

The man invited the police officers inside the residence, where they located a usable quantity of marijuana, a grinder and rolling papers in plain view, police reported.

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested April 19 on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and for three outstanding felony warrants, police reported.
  • The man was contacted during a vehicle stop at South Dorsey and East Broadway roads, according to a police report.

A records check indicated the man’s driving privilege was suspended, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to a report.

×