ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• Between 3 a.m. and 9 a.m. on Tuesday, an unknown person or persons stole the laptop computer belonging to a 19-year-old male ASU student from his dorm room, police reported. Someone broke into the room in Sonora Hall on the Tempe campus and took the computer, according to a police report.

The total estimated value was $1,700 and the student told police he was willing to aid in prosecution if someone other than a friend took the computer, police reported.

• Between Friday at 5 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Monday, an unknown person or persons damaged a projector screen in the Life Sciences C-Wing building on the Tempe campus, police reported. The total estimated damage is unknown at this time, according to a police report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses, police reported.

• Between Thursday at 1 a.m. and Monday at 1 a.m., an unknown person or persons stole a vacuum from a closet inside the Matthews Center on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The total estimated loss is $400, according to a police report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.

• Between 7 and 8 a.m. on March 31 an unknown person or persons committed fraudulent use of a credit card by logging onto an iTunes account registered to an 18-year-old male ASU student, police reported. The person or persons made two purchases with the student’s Visa credit card totaling $82.14, according to a police report.
  • A 20-year-old male ASU student was arrested on suspicion of being under 21 years of age and in possession of alcohol on March 27 near Hassayampa Academic Village on the Tempe campus, police reported.

Police observed the student trying to hide a bottle of alcohol by stuffing it into his pants, according to a police report.

The man was arrested on the scene, cited and released, police reported.

• Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu

×