Tempe Police reported the following incidents:

Tuesday

A 30-year-old Guatemalan woman was arrested at around 10:30 p.m. near East Broadway and South Rural roads in Tempe on suspicion of aggressive driving under the influence, according to a police report.

The woman was driving her vehicle and almost hit a passing police car before crashing into a wall on private property, police reported.

She swayed, had blood shot eyes and smelled of alcohol, according to police.

The woman admitted to drinking and driving, police reported.

A 22-year-old Michigan man was arrested at around 5:30 a.m. near West Rio Salado Parkway and South Ash Avenue in Tempe on suspicion of trespassing and having a warrant from the City of Gilbert, according to a police report.

The man was suspected to have crossed the Light Rail Bridge near 300 W. Lakeview Drive, police reported.

Surveillance footage shows the man traveling southbound over the bridge and passing numerous visible “No Trespassing” signs, according to a police report.

When police contacted the man, he admitted he knew he wasn’t supposed to be on the bridge, police reported.

Wednesday

A 26-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested at around 12:30 a.m. near North Scottsdale Road and Playa Del Norte in Tempe on suspicion of providing false information to law enforcement and having an outstanding warrant from the Maricopa County Superior Court, according to a police report.

An investigation revealed the man provided a false name and date of birth, police reported.

The man admitted to providing false information to avoid the discovery of his warrant, according to a police report.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Saturday

A 37-year-old Mesa man was arrested at around 3 a.m. near North Price Road and East Apache Boulevard in Tempe on suspicion of reckless displaying of a firearm and possession of a prescription-only drug, according to a police report.

An investigation revealed the man pointed his firearm at several people at the nearby Light Rail platform after a fight broke out between several people on the train, according to a police report.

Witnesses said the man pointed his handgun at people fighting and chased them while carrying the weapon, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to a report.

Reports compiled by Joseph Schmidt. Reach the reporter at joseph.schmidt@asu.edu

×