Police Beat: July 19

ASU Police reported the following incidents Friday:

An unknown person or persons stole property from a storage locker at the Mona Plummer Aquatic Center near College Avenue and Sixth Street sometime between June 9 and July 2, police reported.

The total loss of the property, which belonged to an ASU diving coach, is estimated at $900, according to a police report.

The diving coach believed the thieves used a key to the storage locker, because there was no signs of forced entry, police reported.

The theft was reported on June 6, according to a report.

An unknown man is suspected of assaulting a 26-year-old woman near the Tempe campus Memorial Union on July 11, police reported.

The woman was walking east on the south side of the Memorial Union at about 8 p.m. when a man rode up on a bicycle from behind, grabbed her inappropriately and rode off, according to a police report.

The woman was not injured, but she is seeking prosecution, according to a report.

An unknown person or persons stole property from a 20-year-old woman’s apartment near Apache Boulevard and Rural Road on July 11 sometime between 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., police reported.

The person or persons apparently went into the apartment and took the woman’s computer, phone and iPod, according to police.

The items were later returned when someone knocked on the woman’s apartment door and set all three items on the ground, police reported.

The items were not damaged, according to police.

An unknown person or persons stole two iPods from a 21-year-old’s apartment near Apache Boulevard and Rural Road sometime between June 29 and July 11, police reported.

The estimated loss is about $440, according to a police report.

Sometime between June 23 and July 8, an unknown person or persons stole a solar panel from the south east corner next to the solar compactor of the Sonora Center on the Tempe campus, police reported.

There were no leads or suspects at the time the incident was reported, according to police.

The estimated loss is about $2,000, police reported.

Tempe Police reported the following incident Saturday:

Two 18-year-old men were arrested Wednesday near Rio Salado Parkway and McClintock Drive on suspicion of stealing Blackberry and Palm Pre cell phones from a Verizon Wireless store at 2040 E. Rio Salado Parkway in Tempe, police reported.

Two Verizon employees told police they witnessed at least one of the men coming into the store and taking a phone from the display case, according to a police report.

The Palm Pre cell phone was valued at about $600 and the Blackberry was more than $250, according to police.

The men were booked into Tempe City Jail.

Reports compiled by Kyle Daly. Reach the reporter at kjdaly@asu.edu.

×