ASU senior wins ‘Big Brother’

Exercise and wellness senior Hayden Moss is now half a million dollars richer after taking home the title of “Big Brother” champion.

Moss, a current ASU student who had been on the reality TV show since June, was announced the overall winner on the reality show’s live season finale Wednesday night.

Moss competed against 12 other cast members on the show, on which a group of strangers live in a house and participate in competitions while having their every move taped and watched by America.

Brendan Cunningham is a close friend of Moss and has watched him throughout the entire season. He watched as Moss was announced the winner of the show’s 12th season.

“He went ballistic,” Cunningham said. “He was just yelling and celebrating. It was pretty cool to see.”

The entire cast will be celebrating in Las Vegas this weekend, Cunningham said. He will be joining Moss this weekend, and it will be the first time he has seen him since he left for the show.

“I don’t even know where to begin,” Cunningham said. “There are just so many things I want to talk to him about.”

Moss’ roommate from Tempe, his mother and sister will also be celebrating in Las Vegas with Moss and the other cast members of the show, Cunningham said.

“It will be interesting to see how these people are in real life,” he said.

Moss’ mother, Renea Moss, and sister were at the show’s finale and got to be with him when he won, Cunningham said.

Renea Moss, who hadn’t seen her son since he left for the show, said it was very strange at times to watch her son on the show.

“It’s the weirdest thing to see your kid on television,” she said. “Still, every time I watch it, I’m like ‘this is so weird to see him on there.’”

Reach the reporter at cottens@asu.edu

×