Football season is finally here.

The 2010 college football season began this weekend, and the NFL is just a week away.

The NFL gets the money and the attention, but the collegiate game is more exciting. Tailgates, student sections, chants, and storming the field are all unique to college football.

Having been to numerous college football games at various Pac-10 stadiums, as well as a few bowl games and many NFL games, I can easily say the atmosphere at a college game is more enjoyable.

There is just something about college fans that makes the game better.

Maybe it’s the fact that the students are invested in the game because they have a vested interest in their school. Or maybe, it’s because college students do not have the money to buy all the over-priced food and drinks, meaning they actually watch the game and aren’t distracted the way NFL fans are.

Perhaps it is just more fun to watch players who are trying to represent their school and get to the NFL, rather than players who want to get paid and promote themselves.

No matter what the reason is, I enjoy the collegiate game and will watch football on Saturdays, while doing homework on Sundays.

×