SPM Acoustics: Miniature Tigers at Moeur Park

Last Friday, a hoard of excited and (mostly) politically conscious fans filled the Marquee Theatre for the Artists for Action concert and voter registration rally. But hours before the big event, lineup highlight Miniature Tigers sat down for an intimate performance in the summer heat with SPM Acoustics.

After a brief trek across Mill Avenue into Moeur Park, the band huddled on top of a park bench and began to deliver some stripped-down tracks from their psychedelic new disc, "Fortress," for our crew.

As the local-favorites-gone-big-time played "Bullfighter Jacket," their set started to feel like a campfire sing-a-long (if the Boy Scouts of America ever sang about Japanese women in their closets). A few hours later, that sing-a-long would be in full electric force as Miniature Tigers hit the show at the Marquee. But for the duration of our session, the band brought nothing except an acoustic guitar, tambourine and sugar-sweet pop harmonies.

Directed and edited by Andy Jeffreys. Videographers: Andy Jeffreys, Peter Lazaravich, Becca Bever. Associate Producer: Jessica Testa. Text by Colin Lecher.

×