Police beat: Sept. 30

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 20-year-old male student committed criminal damage at 2 p.m. Monday, police reported. The suspect allegedly struck a dual pane safety glass window in the south stairwell of the second floor of building ā€˜Jā€™ of the Vista Del Sol residential hall on the Tempe campus, cracking the glass and causing a cut to the heel of his right hand, according to the report. The Vista Del Sol community manager witnessed the event and called the police, police reported.
  • An unknown person or persons committed theft between 8:30 a.m. and noon Monday, police reported. A black leather wallet belonging to an 18-year-old male student was taken from the west side of the Physical Sciences H-Wing on the Tempe campus, according to a police report. The total loss is $30, police reported.
  • An unknown person or persons committed theft at 7 a.m. Monday, police reported. A bicycle belonging to an 18-year-old male student was taken from the west side of the Hassayampa Academic Village at the Tempe campus, according to the police report. The estimated loss is $100, police reported.
Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:
  • A 22-year-old Tempe male was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia Monday, according to the police report. The odor of burning marijuana could be smelled from the street when the suspect was contacted at the front door of the residence on the 400 block of East Cornell Drive, police reported. The suspect admitted to smoking marijuana from a bong and cigar then turned over a usable quantity of marijuana with a 1 1/2-foot bong and cigar, according to the police report.
Reports were compiled by April Atwood. Reach the reporter at anatwood@asu.edu.

×