Police Beat: Sept. 16

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• An 18-year-old female student reported another groping incident to the ASU Police Department Tuesday, police reported.The woman called because she had heard of several instances involving someone groping women on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

She said she felt that she might have also been a victim of the same individual on Aug. 24, police reported.

• A 53-year old man reported a burglary Sunday morning at about 2:45 a.m., police reported.The man’s 2003 Chevy Silverado pick-up truck was parked on the top level of a parking structure on the 1100 block of Rural Road in Tempe, according to the police report.

The estimated value of the stolen items is $4,960, according to the report.

• A 31-year-old man allegedly contacted a 33-year-old female student, violating a court order of protection at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, police reported.The man left the woman a voicemail while she was at the ASU Computing Commons, according to a police report.
Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:
  • A 21-year-old man was arrested around 9 a.m. Tuesday on suspicion of two counts of aggressive assault, a count of theft and a count of resisting arrest, police reported.The man walked off the light rail and was asked for proof of fare and a form of ID by the security officer, according to a police report.

He refused to cooperate and was later confronted by the police officers on the scene, police reported.

The man assaulted two police officers by pushing and pulling away from the first officer, and ramming his head into the stomach of the second officer, according to the report.

Police used a Taser on the man and took him into custody, police reported.

He was transported to the Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 19-year-old man was arrested on Fourth Street and Mill Avenue at about 7 p.m. Monday night on suspicion of assaulting another man and woman, police reported.The man was seen punching another man in the face on Fourth Street and Mill Avenue, and was later seen punching a woman in the torso at Fifth Street and Mill Avenue, according to the report.

He was transported and booked at Tempe City Jail, where he was held until seen by a judge, police reported.

He was charged for the fighting, for possession of a usable amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to the report.

?

×