ASU men's golf falls to fifth at Prestige

After a strong performance to open The Prestige at PGA West, the ASU men’s golf team responded by shooting a team score of 298 on day two.

The Sun Devils now own a combined score of 588 through two rounds of play and sit in fifth place entering Tuesday’s final round.

The Sun Devils have two golfers in top ten contention with 18 holes remaining in the tournament.

Senior Thomas Buran continues to lead the Sun Devils in La Quinta, Calif. Buran entered Monday’s round in possession of second place on the individual leader board.

Buran’s round two score of 74 puts him in a tie for sixth place and two under par overall.

Senior Jesper Kennegard also remains in the top ten on the leader board after he fired a 72 in the second round to position himself in a tie for 10th place.

Senior Scott Pinckney rose through the ranks on day two by improving upon his opening round score of 75 with a 73.

Pinckney climbed ten spots from 31st into a tie for 21st place.

Round two was not as kind to junior Phil Francis who dropped from 38th to 60th place among the field.

Junior Spencer Fletcher did not compete on Monday for the Sun Devils.

ASU returns to the TPC Stadium Course Tuesday trailing San Diego by four strokes.

×