In the weakest division in the NFL, the Arizona Cardinals could be fading fast.

From an offense that has forgotten what it feels like to score a passing touchdown to an inconsistent defense, there are plenty of problems surrounding coach Ken Whisenhunt’s birds.

The Cardinals need a quarterback. Derek Anderson has proven that he is not the answer, and Max Hall has been mediocre at best.

Yes, Hall has only started twice, with his first career start ending in a victory over the defending Super Bowl Champion Saints. However, keep in mind, the offense led by Hall didn’t score an offensive touchdown in that win.

Whether it’s Hall, Anderson, or even John Skelton, it’s time for one of the three to emerge as a leader.

Then there is Larry Fitzgerald — remember him? Hall, or whoever is under center, has to remember that Fitzgerald is an incredible playmaker.

It’s been an up-and-down year so far for No. 11, but the capability and talent is still there.

Of course, the season is relatively young, and the Cards remain close in the NFC West race.

If Coach Whiz can’t get things rolling at University of Phoenix Stadium, his decision to release Matt Leinart will be under even more scrutiny.

×