I love gawking at the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Watching Randy Moss make one-handed catches in the back of the end zone makes me drool, too. But in the sports universe, there’s still nothing quite like the aesthetic appeal of a good-looking jersey.

A snazzy uniform can attract recruits, generate revenue, and most importantly, give you, the fan, the false but pleasurable feeling that you’re actually intertwined with your team’s success out on the field.

Let’s take the Oregon Ducks, for example, who have more jersey combinations than Paris Hilton has shoes. This Phil Knight-funded uniform variety has done its job in bestowing national attention on a fast-rising program; you know their jersey swag is getting a tad excessive when they start naming certain combinations (in their all-black get-up they become “Ninja Ducks”).

Throwbacks excite me, too. Check out the Atlanta Falcons, who have the hottest look in the NFL right now with their throwback homage to their inaugural 1966 team.

Even the Arizona Cardinals’ ghastly offense looks good when they don their new all-blacks. And you have to love the flashiness of the Seattle Seahawk’s lime green alternates, a refreshing break from conventional jersey colors.

What more can I say? I’m a jersey fiend.

×