Summer’s over, but Arizona is still bringing the hot, hot heat with temperatures lingering in the 100s. Though it may be socially acceptable for a guy to skateboard shirtless around campus, ladies have a harder time keeping it classy and cute under the scorching rays.

At a school where the skin-tight mini dress trumps all other forms of female fashion, girls must get creative while commuting to class. Walking in a tight skirt proves to be just as complicated as biking in one, because those high-waisted hip-huggers we all love have a tendency to ride up. And has anyone successfully longboarded in a skirt and heels? That just sounds awkward.

ASU’s bike-friendly campus makes the ride to class quick and easy, but dressing appropriately and comfortably for warm weather is just the opposite. SPM brings you the best ways to keep yourself in check and lookin’ good while maneuvering around campus on hot days.

Spandex: Learn it, live it, love it.

Superman, Spiderman, the X-Men — try to think of a superhero that doesn’t wear spandex. Express your inner '80s glam metal rocker and sport some sexy skin-tight shorts underneath that high-waisted skirt. Pick up a pair at American Apparel or Richard Simmons’ closet.

Bring back the romper!

The romper has come a long way from that hideous maroon corduroy one-piece you wore on the first day of second grade. Rompers are both protective and stylish when worn the right way. Think fun florals and classic solids, but try to avoid the tube top romper — having your bottom half attached to a strapless top is a recipe for disaster.

Save the stilettos for the nightclub.

Club Hayden is not a place for heels, period. Try sandals, flats or cute ankle boots. Try Urban Outfitters for adorable and affordable footwear.

For the men: steer clear of muscle tees, please.

Excessive heat means excessive sweat, and these skin-tight tanks are just too revealing for anywhere but the gym.

Just be courteous.

Please wear modest underwear under your skirts and dresses. And if you really need to wear that flowy skirt on a windy day, cover up with a fun metallic swimsuit or boy short undies.

Want to get the latest ASU news in your inbox every day? Sign up for our new e-mail newsletter.

×