Police Beat: Oct. 22

ASU police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 22-year-old male student was arrested around 3 a.m. Wednesday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, police reported.

The student was arrested near South Rural and East Broadway roads in Tempe, according to a police report.

He was charged with three DUI counts, including extreme DUI, for a blood-alcohol content between 0.15 and 0.20, police reported.

The man was cited and released from the ASU Police station, according to a report.

• An unknown person committed theft around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, police reported.

A cell phone and laptop charger belonging to a 28-year-old man were taken while he was sleeping in the basement of the Memorial Union on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The man did not see who took his property, and a student who witnessed the theft woke the man up, police reported.

The estimated loss is $550, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tuesday, police reported.

A window panel was shattered in a 17-year-old male student’s first-floor room in the Palo Verde West residence hall in Tempe, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $200, police reported.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday, police reported.

A backpack belonging to an 18-year-old male student was taken from the benches on the west side of Hassayampa Academic Village on Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $800, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Oct. 12, police reported.

A tire on a truck belonging to a 22-year-old male student was slashed while it was parked in Lot 20 on the West campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $100, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage on the Tempe campus at an unknown time, police reported.

An ASU employee reported a damaged window on the west side of the Art Annex building on the Tempe Campus Tuesday, according to a police report.

×