Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• At approximately 1:40 a.m. Saturday, a 33-year-old Glendale man was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana, misconduct involving a weapon, no insurance and possessing an open container of alcohol in the vehicle during a traffic stop, police reported.During the stop, a usable quantity of marijuana was in plain sight, and it was determined the man was without insurance, according to a police report.When asked, the suspect said there were no firearms in the vehicle, but upon a search of the vehicle, a Smith and Wesson 40 caliber firearm was found, police reported.

Police also discovered an open container of vodka and a 12-ounce can of a malt beverage, according to a report.

The suspect was booked at Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 22-year-old Flagstaff man was arrested Sunday at 12:10 a.m. near Apache Boulevard and Terrace Road on suspicion of aggravated assault of a police officer, police reported.A uniformed ASU police officer was conducting a traffic stop and had his back turned to oncoming traffic when another car drove past, according to a police report.The passenger in the front seat of this car threw a piece of plastic at the officer and hit him in the back, and this was witnessed by a Tempe Police officer, police reported.

Further investigation found the plastic was broken off from the inside of the car, according to a report.

• A 20-year-old male ASU student was arrested at 2:55 am Sunday on suspicion of trespassing on critical infrastructure, police reported.The suspect was spotted by Metro Light Rail security walking on the light rail bridge just south of 300 W. Washington St., according to a police report.The light rail bridge is considered critical infrastructure, police reported.

After given his Miranda rights, the suspect said he had seen the no trespassing signs, but still crossed the bridge because he didn’t think it was a big deal, according to a police report.

He was booked at Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 57-year-old Phoenix man was arrested at 7:23 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of possession of narcotic drugs and possession of dangerous drugs, police reported.The suspect was arrested after a consent search, which revealed a small plastic bag containing a white substance believed to be methamphetamines and a black, tar-like substance believed to be heroine, according to a police report.He admitted to being in possession of both methamphetamines and heroine during a post-Miranda interview, police reported.

He was booked and released pending charges, according to a report.

×