Two football players suspended indefinitely

Two ASU football freshmen were suspended indefinitely after both were arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary after an incident on Oct. 8 in the San Pablo residence hall.

Defensive lineman Lee Adams and offensive lineman Jamil Douglas were arrested on suspicion of stealing two laptops, an Xbox and several video games from a dorm room inhabited by two other ASU freshman football players, according to an ASU Police report.

Both Adams and Douglas were seen in a surveillance video entering the room on two separate occasions, the report said.

The two victims were able to identify both Adams and Douglas in the surveillance video, according to the report.

Adams and Douglas were arrested on Oct. 13 and could each be charged with two counts of second-degree burglary, the report said.

ASU coach Dennis Erickson announced Sunday that both players were suspended indefinitely and could not comment further on Monday.

Adams has played in one game this season, the team’s opening game against Portland State, while Douglas is redshirting this season.

Nathan Meacham

×