Police have identified the body of a man found Thursday morning in a Dumpster near an ASU student Jewish center.

The man, 48-year-old Casey Blackwood, is believed to be a transient, according to a Tempe Police Department press release.

The Maricopa Medical Examiner’s Office has ruled the cause of death to be a homicide as the body was found with a stab wound, the release stated. Authorities do not believe this was a random incident.

Blackwood’s body was found inside a Dumpster in an alley near 10th Street and Ash Avenue just west of the Tempe campus, police reported. The alley is located near the Rohr Chabad House Jewish Student Center.

Tempe police spokesman Sgt. Steve Carbajal said Thursday police do not believe there is a connection between the Jewish center and the body, but they are investigating all possibilities.

According to the recent release, authorities are working on investigative leads.

No other information was immediately available.

According to the center’s website, the Chabad House provides ASU students with social, educational and spiritual programming.

×