I was thinking of ideas for this Dish all day today. I was stumped. I had nothing.

Then, out of nowhere, owner Daniel Snyder and the Washington Redskins saved me and proved once again that they are one of the worst run professional sports organizations.

Remember the hoopla surrounding Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb being benched by head coach Mike Shanahan during a recent game because he was not in-shape enough to run the two-minute drill?

The aftermath seemed to show the distance between McNabb and Shanahan. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that the veteran quarterback was going to leave our nation’s capital when his contract expired after this season.

Just two weeks later, Snyder struck.

McNabb got a new deal Monday from the Redskins , worth $78 million over five years, $40 million of it guaranteed. He will be 39 when the contract expires.

So, suddenly all is well with Shanahan and his quarterback? He is now in good-enough shape to be the Redskins’ quarterback not only for the rest of this season, but five years from now?

It doesn’t make sense. But, honestly, not much has during Snyder’s time as the Redskins’ owner.

×