With December in sight, the New England Patriots are 8-2 and appear ready to make another Super Bowl run. Who is going to stop them?

The Pats, having posted a key victory in Pittsburgh two weeks ago and a nail-biting triumph over the Colts in Foxborough, Mass., on Sunday, have now proven they can win big-time games on the road and at home.

New England’s offense, anchored by a hoodied genius and a long-haired quarterback, is sneakily effective (the Pats rank a mediocre 16th in rushing and passing yards per game) and armed with weapons you’ve never heard of.

Rookie tight end Aaron Hernandez and second-year receiver Brandon Tate continue to be complementary threats alongside veterans Wes Welker and Deion Branch, while the team’s two leading rushers are the rather unknown BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead.

No matter the cast surrounding him, Tom Brady knows what it takes to win football games, especially at home, where he has won 25 straight regular season starts.

Only a primetime Dec. 6 showdown in Foxborough against the Jets stands in the way of the AFC East title, home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and a sure-fire Patriots appearance in Dallas this February.

I think 18-1 has lingered on Tom’s tongue for long enough.

×