0:00, end of game Threet's last-chance pass down field intercepted, his second of the night, and the clock runs out. Trojans win 34-33. This was the Sun Devils' second loss of the season by one point. Both were caused, either directly or indirectly by blocked extra point kicks.

1:37, fourth quarter Weber misses a 41-yard field goal that would have put ASU up 36-34

1:56, fourth quarter Steven Threet runs for a first down to the USC 30 and Deantre Lewis gets a few more. Sun Devils near field goal range with 1:56 to play.

3:06, fourth quarter USC kicker Joe Houston makes his first field goal of the night to put USC up 34-33 with 3:06 to play.

4:58, fourth quarter Two big carries for 47 yards by USC's Marc Tyler have the Trojans threatening on the ASU 14-yard line.

6:59, fourth quarter: Touchdown ASU. Sun Devils take the lead 33-31. On the extra point attempt, USC blocks the kick and takes it the other way for two points. What a year for ASU. Never seen anything like this over the course of a season. First Wisconsin, then Oregon now USC. ASU leads 33-31.

9:48, fourth quarter: Jamaar Jarrett gets his second sack of the night and the ASU defense forces USC to punt. ASU will have the ball at its own 29 yard line with a chance to take the lead.

13:24, fourth quarter: This game is getting a bit unbelievable. On a long third down play, Omar Bolden intercepts Matt Barkley and takes the ball 66 yards the other way for a touchdown. ASU fails to convert on the two-point attempt. USC still leads 29-27.

1:50, third quarter: ASU does absolutely nothing with the ball and punts right back to USC. Trojans have it at their own 44.

2:22, third quarter: ASU finally holds USC and forces a punt. The Sun Devils take over down eight at their own 27.

4:25, third quarter: LeQuan Lewis takes the ensuing kickoff back 100 yards to the house. Wow. ASU keeps staying alive despite being outplayed. USC still up 29-21.

4:39, third quarter: ASU defense breaks, and breaks hard giving up an easy touchdown to USC. This one is turning into a shootout. Unfortunately for the Sun Devils, when they play this type of game, Threet tends to turn the ball over a lot. Trojans lead 29-14 on Barkley 22 yard TD pass.

7:34, third quarter: The Sun Devils answer right back, going 71 yards in 2 minutes and 14 seconds. ASU got the ball in the endzone with a 21 yard pass from Threet to Robinson. USC still leads 22-14.

9:53, third quarter: Just as ASU was starting to get something going on offense, Steven Threet hits USC's Malcolm Smith, who takes the interception 74 yards to the house for a Trojan touchdown. That was a back-breaker. Sun Devils trail 7-22 after USC converts on a two-point conversion.

12:24, third quarter: ASU forces USC to punt, but the Trojans down the ball at the Sun Devil four yard line. Tough spot here for Threet.

Halftime: On a slant route to David Ausberry, USC gets into the endzone. Trojans lead 14-7 at the break.

0:18, second quarter: The Trojans convert and burn their final timeout. USC has the ball on the 12 yard line with time for about two shots at the endzone. Huge sequence here for Sun Devil defense.

0:34, second quarter: USC was driving but now faces a fourth-and-three on the Sun Devil 33 yard line.

1:13, second quarter: ASU can't get anything going on offense. Steven Threet has been under pressure all night. To make things worse, Weber is struggling in the punting game. USC will now have the ball at its own 41 after a 25 yard punt from Weber.

3:07, second quarter: On the ensuing play, Matt Barkley throws an interception in the endzone to Clint Floyd. ASU defense steps up again and the Sun Devils will get the ball with time running out in the first half at the 2o yard line.

3:16, second quarter: Not having future All-American punter Trevor Hankins rears its ugly head. Thomas Weber tries to punt the ball but a USC lineman got to him first. USC will start from the Sun Devils 10 yard line.

4:46, second quarter: Matt Barkley connects with Marc Tyler on a swing pass for a 15 yard touchdown. ASU and USC are now tied at 7 apiece. No need for the kicker on that play.

9:33, second quarter: ASU has gotten nothing going on offense since its first possession when it scored a touchdown. The Sun Devils go three-and-out again and USC will take over at its own 40.

11:02, second quarter: After driving methodically down the field, the USC drive stalled yet again in the Sun Devil redzone. The ensuing 35 yard field attempt missed wide right. Sun Devils stilled lead 7-0.  USC kicker Joe Houston has missed two chip shots already tonight.

0:43, first quarter: ASU goes three-and-out and on the Weber punt, the Sun Devils are called for holding. USC will have great field position when it starts at its own 43 yard line.

1:36, first quarter: Matt Barkley cut up the Sun Devil defense all the way down to the 10 yard line, but USC failed to convert in the redzone. The ensuing field goal try on fourth down deflected off the right post. ASU still leads 7-0.

4:20, first quarter: After two first downs, ASU is forced to punt. The Thomas Weber punt gets deflected by a USC lineman and the kick gains a net 15 yards. USC will start at its own 42 yard line.

7:01, first quarter: USC goes three-and-out again and ASU will start its third possession from the 18 yard line. The Sun Devil defense is looking rock solid. The Trojans are getting nothing going through the air nor the ground.

8:49, first quarter: Steven Threet gets sacked and the Sun Devils are forced to punt. The Thomas Weber punt leaves USC starting at its own 29 yard line.

11:24, first quarter: The USC drive stalls and the Sun Devils will take over at their own 16 yard line. Jamal Miles almost turned the ball over while trying to field the punt but Omar Bolden bailed him out and recovered the live ball.

13:10, first quarter: ASU catches a huge break on USC's first play of the game. The Sun Devil defense completely broke down but Matt Barkley overthrew a wide open Robert Woods. Side note: ASU has scored first six games in a row now.

13:23, first quarter: Just two plays later, Steven Threet connects with Gerell Robinson in the endzone to put ASU ahead early. The drive took just four plays. The touchdown was from 10 yards out. Quick start for ASU, very similar start to the Oregon State game.

14:43, first quarter: First play of the game, ASU connects on a wide receiver option pass. T.J. Simpson catches the ball down field for a huge gain. Sun Devils have a first down on the Trojan 16.

15:00, first quarter: USC won the toss and defer to the second half. ASU will start on offense first.

Pregame: Trojans take the field and the Sun Devils follow. Kickoff in 5 minutes.

Pregame: USC band is on the field. "Fight On" count is at one. Kickoff 15 minutes away.

Pregame: ASU senior punter Trevor Hankins has been suspended one game by coach Dennis Erickson for a violation of a team rule. No details of the violation were provided. Senior kicker Thomas Weber will punt tonight and sophomore backup quarterback Brock Osweiler will hold. Weber has 106 career punts.

Hankins currently leads the Pac-10 in punting and is third in the nation.

×