0:00, fourth quarter: The Sun Devils nearly steal a win from Stanford, but fall 17-13. The win is Stanford's first in Tempe since 1999. ASU falls to 4-6, 2-5 in the Pac-10.

2:59, fourth quarter: Stanford gets a key first down at about the 40-yard line. The Cardinal will likely try to run the clock out from here.

4:32, fourth quarter: Threet sacked and the Sun Devils will have to punt with about four minutes left.

5:14, fourth quarter: Touchdown Stanford. After two personal foul penalties on Vontaze Burfict, the Cardinal punch it in to regain the lead. Stanford up 17-13.

6:50, fourth quarter: Stanford is driving hoping to tie the game or take the lead. First and 10 at the ASU 40.

10:36, fourth quarter: ASU does nothing with the ball and punts right back to Stanford. The Cardinal will be backed up, however, at their own 15.

11:50, fourth quarter: With Stanford driving in ASU territory, Luck throws an interception to Eddie Elder and the Sun Devil defense holds again. ASU will get the ball to start near midfield after the return.

14:21, fourth quarter: ASU punts, Stanford takes over to begin the final quarter.

0:49, third quarter: ASU defense holds again. The Stanford run game has been nonexistent tonight. Sun Devils get the ball at their own 21.

4:43, third quarter: Kerry Taylor gives ASU its first lead of the night on an 8-yard touchdown grab from Threet. Weber misses the extra point. His senior season is getting embarrassing. ASU leads 13-10.

6:57, third quarter: Stanford breaks the scoring drought with a 44-yard field goal. Cardinal pull ahead 10-7.

11:41, second quarter: ASU drive stalls and a subpar punt by Trevor Hankins leaves Stanford starting at its own 33 yard line.

12:54, second quarter: Stanford fails to move the ball on its opening drive of the second half and ASU will take over at its own 40 yard line.

Halftime: Threet takes a knee. Tied at 7-7 apiece.

0:16, second quarter: Stanford kicker Nate Whitaker misses a 34-yard field goal. Another big break for the Sun Devils. Should go into the half tied with the No. 6 team in the country.

4:16, second quarter: ASU goes three-and-out again and punts to the Cardinal. After a block in the back penalty, Stanford will take over at its own eight yard line.

5:48, second quarter: After an unlucky bounce allowed the Stanford drive continue, a sack and forced fumble by Oliver Aaron on Luck gives ASU the ball right back. Finally a break that goes the Sun Devils' way.

11:39, second quarter: Steven Threet fumbles the ball into the endzone and Stanford recovers for a touchback. Another costly mistake by the junior QB taking points off the board.

12:24, second quarter: ASU is in the midst of an impressive drive. The Sun Devils were stopped near the redzone but a roughing the passer penalty gave ASU new life. First and goal on the Stanford two yard line.

0:25, first quarter: Great push by the ASU defense on fourth down and inches. The Sun Devils have contained the Cardinal running game very well so far. ASU takes over near midfield.

2:25, first quarter: Sun Devils go three-and-out and Trevor Hankins shanks the ensuing punt. Stanford gets great field position at its own 44.

3:35, first quarter: ASU stops Stanford again and will take over at its own 22 despite a muffed punt by Jamal Miles.

5:10, first quarter: Steven Threet gets picked off deep down the field after the ball got deflected off another Stanford defender. The Cardinal get the ball on their own 27. Not much harm on that play though, kind of like a 40 yard punt.

6:19, first quarter: Huge stop by the Sun Devil defense after a pass interference penalty got waived off the previous play. Stanford punts and ASU starts near its own 40.

7:45, first quarter: ASU responds with an emphatic touchdown drive. QB Steve Threet finished it off with a four yard run. Gerrell Robinson had a big 30 yard catch down the middle to help move the chains. Tie game 7-7. Only took 1 minute and 54 seconds to move the ball 74 yards and score.

9:45, first quarter: Touchdown Cardinal. One yard run by Owen Marecic. 7-0 Stanford.

10:03, first quarter: Stanford knocking on the doorstep of an early touchdown. QB Andrew Luck is picking apart the Sun Devil defense. ASU needs some pressure on him.

14:14, first quarter: ASU goes three-and-out and punts it away to Stanford. Cardinal will take over at the ASU 49 after a long punt return by Drew Terrell.

Pregame: Suns' forward Josh Childress at midfield as an honorary captain for Stanford. ASU wins the toss and elects to receive.

×