Final: ASU wins 55-34 over UCLA. The Sun Devils will travel to Tucson next Thursday still with slim bowl aspirations.

7:56, fourth quarter: UCLA turns the ball over on downs and ASU will take over. Time is winding down on the Bruins' bowl hopes.

10:59, fourth quarter: ASU extends its lead on a 37-yard field goal from Thomas Weber. Sun Devils lead 48-27.

12:57, fourth quarter: UCLA punts from its own endzone and ASU will take over near midfield.

13:33, fourth quarter: Osweiler hits Pflugrad in the back of the endzone with a beautiful strike. It was a 15-yard pass. ASU now up comfortably 45-27. The Sun Devils were once down 17-0.

0:05, third quarter: Senior Max Tabach gets in the action and picks off Brehaut in UCLA territory. Tabach played wide receiver at Scottsdale Saguaro High School.

1:11, third quarter: Jamal Miles breaks off a 99-yard touchdown return on the ensuing UCLA kickoff to put ASU back up 38-27. There's been a ton of long plays today.

1:25, third quarter: UCLA answers back and gets into the endzone on a 21-yard jump ball pass from Brehaut to Nelson Rosario. ASU up 31-27.

6:25, third quarter: Cameron Marshall breaks a 71 yard touchdown run to put ASU up 31-20. That stop on fourth down had to have energized the Sun Devils. What a swing of momentum. ASU goes

7:10, third quarter: After a horribly officiated sequence gave UCLA two unsportsmanlike penalties, ASU stopped the Bruins on the door step of the endzone on fourth down. That has got to be the biggest play of the year for ASU. Sun Devil bench and crowd going nuts.

12:51, third quarter: ASU fails to do anything with ball in the redzone. Thomas Weber's short field goal gives the Sun Devil a four point lead. 24-20.

14:40, third quarter: On the first play of the drive, Osweiler hits T.J. Simpson down the middle for a 78 yard gain down to the UCLA 12 yard line.

15:00, third quarter: ASU will receive to begin the second half.

Halftime: ASU over UCLA 21-20. Forbath made a 37 yard field at the end of the half after a 15-yard penalty on ASU extended the quarter by one play. Osweiler has 213 yards and three touchdowns in replacement work for the injured Threet.

1:11, second quarter: ASU completes the first half comeback and now has the lead 21-17 over UCLA. Osweiler hit Gerell Robinson in the back of the endzone for a seven yard touchdown pass. 11 play, 63 yard drive.

9:24, second quarter: ASU and UCLA trade punts. The Bruins now start from their own 8 yard line.

13:38, second quarter: Osweiler hits Mike Willie down the middle of the field. Willie split a couple UCLA defenders and dove into the endzone for six points. ASU now down only 17-14.

14:11, second quarter: UCLA goes three-and-out and ASU will have good field position starting at its own 49.

1:16, first quarter: After a 70 yard catch and run by Deantre Lewis, Brock Osweiler hits Aaron Pflugrad in the back of the endzone to get the Sun Devils on the board. Still 17-7 UCLA.

2:41, first quarter: ASU fails to convert on a fourth down near midfield and on the ensuing play UCLA scores on a deep 46-yard pass from Brehaut to Randall Carroll. UCLA up 17-0.

4:10, first quarter: Brock Osweiler in at quarterback for ASU. Unless Steven Threet was injured, that's a pretty short leach Dennis Erickson had on him.

5:26, first quarter: UCLA extends its lead to 10 with a Kai Forbath 40 yard field goal.

6:40, first quarter: After the Sun Devils fail to get anything going on offense, the Bruins block the ASU punt and will have great field position at the ASU 33.

11:40, first quarter: Although the rest of the bottom half of the stadium is filling in nicely, the student section is still scarce. Only about 300 current Sun Devils are in their seats.

12:06, first quarter: The Bruins storm down the field and take an early 7-0 lead over ASU. A 55-yard run by Johnathan Franklin followed by a 12-yard run by Richard Brehaut got the ball in the endzone.

15:00, first quarter: UCLA will get the ball first today in this battle of teams with slim bowl hopes.

×