Police Beat: Nov. 18

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• On Nov. 15 an unknown person or persons stole a man’s state ID and his apartment key, police reported.The items were taken from Vista Del Sol on Apache Boulevard and South McAllister Avenue, police reported.

The estimated loss was $210, according to the police report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons stole a woman’s Blackberry from the southwest corner of the Student Recreation Complex Fields at ASU’s Tempe campus, according to a police report.The theft took place Nov. 15 between 7:30 and 9 p.m., police reported.

The estimated loss was $250, according to a report.

• On Nov. 12 between 6 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., an unknown person or persons stole a woman’s black and white Teflon motorcycle jacket that was secured to her motorcycle, police reported.The motorcycle was parked in parking structure four, located on the 1100 block of South Rural Road, according to the report.

The estimated loss was $200, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons stole a bicycle from the south side of Hayden Library Nov. 16 between 9 a.m. and around 8:30 p.m., police reported.The estimated loss is $30, according to the report.
Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:
  • On Nov. 16 at 2 a.m., a 40-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to the police report.When the police approached him on the 2000 block of East Howe Avenue, the man ran away, police reported.

As he was running he threw objects, later shown to be a usable quantity of methamphetamine and a necklace, according to the report.

The man admitted to owning the necklace but not the methamphetamine, police reported.

Police also found a glass pipe containing residue in the man’s front right pocket, according to the report.

The man was booked and his release is pending, police reported.

• A 38-year-old woman was arrested on the 1200 block of South Rural Road on suspicion of committing trespassing and aggravated assault on a police officer, police reported.On Nov. 16 around 10 a.m. when an officer tried to search the woman, she kicked the officer in the face, according to the report.

The suspect received a medical release from jail, police reported.

×