Police Beat: Nov. 3

AND THE WINNER IS: David Shweikert uses his cell phone to try and get news of voting results after internet connections go down on Tuesday night. (Photo by Annie Wechter)

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• An unknown person or persons committed burglary between 8 and 10:15 a.m. Monday, police reported.An Xbox 360 and HP laptop belonging to a 19-year-old male student were taken from his room at Vista del Sol apartments on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.The estimated loss is $950, police reported.There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.
  • An unknown person or persons committed theft and theft of a credit card between 12:30 and 1 a.m. Sunday, police reported.A purse with miscellaneous items belonging to an 18-year-old female student was taken from a fraternity house on the 600 block of South Alpha Drive in Tempe, according to a police report.The estimated loss is $1,090, police reported.There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.
  • An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage between 5 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Monday, police reported.A window belonging to the University was broken at the Tempe Center Suite on the 800 block of South Mill Avenue in Tempe, according to a police report.The estimated loss is $300, police reported.There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.
  • An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage between 2 a.m. Saturday and 7:45 a.m. Monday, police reported.An engine generator located on the loading dock of the Music East building in Tempe was damaged, according to a police report.The estimated loss is $350, police reported.There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.
  • An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage between 11:30 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday, police reported.A window on the second floor of the Music West building in Tempe was damaged, according to a police report.The estimated loss is $900, police reported.There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.
  • An 18-year-old male student was arrested around 10:45 p.m. Oct. 26 on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.A police aide observed two men smoking what he believed to be marijuana on the third level of the Veterans Way parking structure in Tempe, according to a police report.One of the men ran away, but the 18-year-old student was identified and was in possession of a multi-colored glass pipe he admitted he used to smoke marijuana, police reported.The man was transported to the ASU Police Station where he was cited, processed and released, according to a report.
Reports compiled by Matt Hendley. Reach the reporter at mhendley@asu.edu

×