Police Beat: Nov. 4

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing a narcotic drug, dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia at Seventh Street and Mill Avenue following a rave concert at the Marquee Theatre at around 1:16 a.m. Saturday morning, according to a police report. The man had a pill that police suspected was ecstasy in his pocket and was taken to the Tempe City jail for booking, police reported. Police also searched his car and found a usable quantity of a substance they believed was heroin, according to the report. The man admitted the substance belonged to him and was charged for illegal possession of a narcotic drug, illegal possession of dangerous drug, and illegal possession of drug paraphernalia.
  • A 24-year-old man was involved in a motor vehicle accident while riding his scooter at about 2:50 a.m. Saturday morning, according to a police report. The man’s friend ran into him causing the accident, police reported. The man was arrested for an aggravated DUI, and was booked at the Tempe City Jail where he was held to see a judge, according to a report. The man had a previous DUI on his record from December 2009 and had a suspended Arizona driver’s license, police reported.
  • A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of illegal possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on East Erie Drive in Tempe Friday night at about 10:24 p.m., according to a police report. He had been stopped by the police for parking in front of both a driveway and a fire hydrant, police reported. During contact with the police, the man pulled out a useable amount of a green leafy substance that is believed to be marijuana, according to the report. The man was booked at the Tempe City Jail where he was charged for illegal possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:
  • An unknown person or persons damaged the plexi-glass overhang on the west side of Parking Structure 7 on 555 South Packard  Drive in Tempe between Monday night at 10 p.m. and Tuesday morning at 7:30 a.m., according to a police report. There are currently no leads or suspects at this time, and the estimated cost of the damage is $2,000, police reported.
  • An 18-year-old male student was arrested Oct. 27 at 701 E. Apache Boulevard in Tempe at 11:45 p.m. on suspicion of underage drinking and theft, according to a police report. He was caught by a police officer trying to steal a 19-year-old male student’s bike, according to the report. The man had alcohol in his body and was cited for both theft and underage drinking, police reported.
Reports compiled by Cale Ottens. Reach the reporter at cottens@asu.edu

Want to get the latest ASU news in your inbox every day? Sign up for our new e-mail newsletter.

×