Police Beat: Nov. 9

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• Two men were arrested at 9:19 p.m. Nov. 6 on suspicion of third-degree burglary, police reported.The men were seen exiting an abandoned business near North Scottsdale Road and East Weber Drive in Tempe carrying a water heater and a section of galvanized pipe, according to a report. Police arrested the men while the men attempted to load the water heater into a pickup truck, police reported. Both men were booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to a report.
  • Police arrested a 21-year-old Tempe man at 2:29 p.m. Nov. 6 on suspicion of one count of aggravated assault with a firearm, according to a report.While waiting at a stoplight at East Baseline Road and South Price Road, the man allegedly pointed a gun out the window of his car at another driver, police reported.The suspect was arrested by police at his residence near East Warner Road and North McClintock Drive and was identified by the victim, according to a police report. Police transported the man to Tempe City Jail where he was held to see a judge, police reported.
  • Police arrested a 24-year-old man at 7:33 p.m. Nov. 5 on suspicion of shoplifting from a Target, police reported. The man was arrested at the Target on South McClintock Drive and East Rio Salado Parkway in Tempe for previously stealing two Xbox 360 units from the store, according to a report. He returned to the store to steal a third Xbox, but he was apprehended before he could exit the store, police reported. The man admitted to three previous shoplifts from the Target and was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, according to a report.
ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• An unknown person or persons committed reckless burning at an unknown date and time by causing a concrete kiosk covered with literature to be burned, police reported. The crime was reported on Nov. 7 and occurred on the south side of the Language and Literature Building on Cady Mall at ASU’s Tempe campus, according to a report. There are no suspects, witnesses or leads at this time, police reported.
  • Between the hours of 12:25 p.m. and 1:55 p.m. Nov. 5, an unknown person or persons committed theft by taking control of a 22-year-old man’s 2007 Scion TC automobile, according to a report. The vehicle was stolen from its parking space in the Vista del Sol Apartments south parking lot at East Apache Boulevard and South Rural Road, police reported. Total loss is estimated at $17,000, according to a report. There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.
Reports compiled by Alex Ferri. Reach the reporter at alex.ferri@asu.edu

×