With a come-from-behind win over the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night, the Chicago Bulls completed their annual “Circus Trip” with a winning record (4-3) for the first time since Michael Jordan left the Windy City.

The impressive feat was commanded brilliantly by third-year point guard Derrick Rose, who averaged 30.5 points, 6.5 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game on the trip.

While it would be easy to draw comparisons between Rose and His Airness (uniform, marketability, early success, etc.), the pair needs no comparison for two reasons.

First, Jordan is the greatest of all time. No question.

Second, Rose has a persona all his own. The fearless point guard isn’t trying to be MJ; he’s trying to be Derrick Rose.

The Skittles-loving baller has a bright future, both long term and short term, especially with two-time All-Star forward Carlos Boozer taking the floor for the Bulls very soon.

Between his ferocious ability to penetrate the lane and confidence that says, “I don’t care how good you are; I’m still scoring on you,” Rose has developed an incomparable game.

There is, however, one big comparison I must make between Rose and No. 23. Unlike many NBA greats today (read: LeBron James), Rose, like Jordan, lets his game do all the talking.

×