Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 45-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of drug possession and misconduct involving weapons, police reported.The man was contacted on Apache Blvd. outside Modern World Adult Boutique and was later arrested, police reported.A consensual search revealed that the man had a usable quantity of methamphetamines and a pair of nun chucks, which are illegal in Arizona, according to a report. The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A records check revealed the man had multiple felony convictions, according to a report.

• An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of two counts of burglary and one count of trafficking stolen property, police reported.The man was arrested at Marcos De Niza High School on the 6000 block of South Lakeshore Drive in Tempe after admitting to police his involvement in the burglaries of two vehicles in November, police reported.

He also admitted to trafficking the items stolen from the vehicles and was taken to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending complaint per detective, according to a report.

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:
  • An unknown person or persons stole a car stereo and an iPod cord from a parked vehicle in Parking Lot 59 at the Tempe campus between 3 p.m. on Dec. 10 and 11:30 p.m. on Dec. 13, police reported.The window to the vehicle was forced open and the lock on the driver’s side was bent, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $125 and there are no suspects or leads at this time, according to a police report.

• An unknown person or persons stole a bike off the bike racks on the first floor at the Vista del Sol D-wing on the Tempe campus between Dec. 28 and January 11, police reported.The estimated loss is $200, police reported.

There are no leads or suspects at this time, according to a report

• An unknown person or persons stole a bike from a bike rack located outside the Art Building at ASU’s Tempe campus at 900 South Forest Mall at approximately 10 a.m. on Dec. 13, police reported.The total estimated loss is $300, according to a report.
Reports compiled by Danielle Legler. Reach the reporter at danielle.legler@asu.edu.

×