Police Beat: Jan. 31

ASU Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 29-year-old man was arrested Jan. 6 near the southeast corner of Sixth Street and Rural Road in Tempe for indecent exposure, according to a police report.The man was transported to the Fourth Avenue Jail where he was booked, police reported.
  • Between Jan. 14 and Jan. 20, an unknown person or persons stole multiple hand-held radios from the Social Sciences building on ASU’s Tempe campus, according to a police report.The estimated cost is $1,500, police reported.

The crime is considered third-degree burglary, according to a police report.

• A 21-year-old ASU female student was arrested Jan. 25 on suspicion of shoplifting from the Hassayampa Market on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.Investigation revealed that she concealed a pint of ice cream and then left the store, police reported.

The ice cream was recovered and the estimated loss was $3.39, according to a police report.

Aramark will aid in prosecution, police reported.

• A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after being contacted by police near the University Services Building on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.The man had both the marijuana and paraphernalia in plain sight when approached by the arresting officer, police reported.

The suspect was transported to the ASU Police station where he was processed and released pending charges, according to the report.

×