Every now and then a particular play stands out and is truly memorable, but for the most part SportsCenter’s “Top 10” is a dull collection of Blake Griffin dunks and game-winning threes.

The “Top 10” has become routine and boring, but Friday’s “Not Top 10” is simply hilarious and worth watching.

In the same way it is funny to see someone trip down the stairs on the way to class or pull on a door that clearly says push, the end of SportsCenter on Fridays is always hilarious.

There may be the repetitive missed dunk, but somehow the bloopers are always more entertaining than the highlights.

Athletes are so often placed on pedestals, that it is oddly refreshing to see them embarrass themselves on television.

Most athletes are able to laugh it off and have fun with it, which adds to the enjoyment because the athletes seem to humanize themselves. It gives fans a chance to relate to athletes, as we have all publically humiliated ourselves at some point in time.

Bloopers are entertaining and never seem to go old no matter how many episodes of SportsCenter I watch on any given Friday.

There is just something about watching people fail or mess up that always seems to amuse me.

Reach the reporter at william.boor@asu.edu

×