Downtown Dispatch: GROW-Op Collective Offers Local Goods

One of the unique items you can find at the GROW-Op. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

Nestled along downtown’s Roosevelt Row, is a store that will make you want to join the handmade and vintage lifestyle—the GROW-Op Collective.

The GROW-Op features handmade accessories, home decor, including handmade lights, candles, necklace charms made out of recycled brass, and wood-burning hanging art, all from local artists. They also house a sweet vintage collection of men and women’s clothing, cute accessories, including shoes, purses, and jewelry, and also vintage craft supplies that are sure to make you want to start up a local knitting club.

The GROW-Op was established as a collective where local artists could showcase their work, and is run by a few great local Phoenix residents, including Ashley Eaton of Merry May Handmade and Kenny Barrett of Roosevelt Row. The shop is only open three days a week, but you are sure to find something new or fun going on when they are open. Behind and to the side of the shop is also an urban garden that is run by a few people on the GROW-Op team. I am also sure they are always looking for help with the upkeep if any of you dorm dwellers, or apartment living folks who can’t garden in your resident, but have a need for spreading your green thumb, are up for a challenge.

The shop is truly known for being a place that accepts all local artists, and offers a very fair 60/40 (the latter goes to the shop for upkeep) price for artists that sell their items there.

The GROW-Op is currently in need of an air-conditioner and is holding a fundraising event this Saturday, Feb. 19, to raise money for a much needed cooling unit. The event is open to everyone, and will feature live music, live painting, a dance floor, bonfire, and beverages.

The GROW-Op is located at 902 N. 6th Street., and is open Friday-Saturday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

×