Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of three counts of aggravated assault and obstructing a public highway on the 2000 block of East University Drive in Tempe at approximately 3:47 p.m. Thursday, according to a police report.After an officer contacted him about his suspicious behavior, the man took off running, police reported.

During the foot pursuit, the man threw several large rocks at officers and ran into the eastbound lanes of University Drive, causing several vehicles to stop and traffic to back up, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked, police reported.

• A 30-year-old Tempe man was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on the 900 block of East Spence Avenue in Tempe at approximately 1:04 a.m. Wednesday, according to a police report.The man was contacted after accidently calling 911 during a verbal argument, police reported.

Upon contact at the man’s apartment, police observed a glass bong and marijuana in plain view, according to a report.

The man admitted that the marijuana was his and that he smokes every day, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released, according to a report.

• A 25-year-old California man was arrested on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, driving on a suspended license, possession of narcotics and misconduct with weapons on the 1000 block of West Broadway Road at approximately 9:09 p.m. Wednesday, according to a police report.Police contacted the man after stopping him for a civil traffic violation, police reported.

A records check revealed the man had a suspended license, and a search of the vehicle revealed rolled balls of tin foil with black residue indicative of heroin, a loaded semi-automatic gun, a usable quantity of marijuana and one subuxone pill, according to the report.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released, police reported.

×