Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 43-year-old Tempe woman was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault with a dangerous weapon and preventing the use of 911 at the 900 block of West Santa Cruz Drive in Tempe at approximately 4:22 a.m. Monday, according to a police report.An investigation revealed that a man was awakened by her causing a disturbance in the kitchen, police reported.

When he walked in, the woman began walking toward him with a 12-inch knife and told him to get away from her, according to the report.

She poked him in the chest with the tip of the knife approximately three times, telling him to get away from her, police reported.

The man walked to the nearest phone and dialed 911 but the woman hung up the phone before the man could speak to a dispatcher, according to the report.

The woman refused to talk to the police and demanded an attorney, police reported.

Further investigation revealed the woman had an outstanding warrant for contempt in court, and she was transported to Tempe City Jail where she was booked and held, according to the report.

• A 21-year-old woman was arrested at the intersection of Broadway Road and Price Road in Tempe at approximately 2:42 p.m. Monday on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs, possession of narcotics, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to give identification, according to a police report.The woman was involved in a single-car collision that was caused by driving too fast in rainy conditions and resulted in her driving her vehicle into a concrete wall, police reported.

When the police officer asked for the woman’s information, he noticed clear plastic baggies with a green leafy substance in them in her wallet, according to the report.

The officer asked her if it was marijuana and she replied that it was, police reported.

At this point the woman was detained in handcuffs and a search revealed that another wallet contained a baggie of crack cocaine, a baggie of methamphetamines and seeds believed to be marijuana seeds, according to the report.

The woman admitted that the drugs were hers and that a friend had given them to her, police reported.

The woman was unable to produce a state-issued ID and could not provide a social security number, police reported.

She was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held, according to the report.

×