Leasing office opens as Tempe towers prepare for residents

COMING SOON TO MILL: West Sixth off of Mill Avenue, formerly known as the Centerpoint Towers, was purchased in February by the Zaremba Group. The company is now leasing out condominiums pending the project’s long-awaited completion this summer. (Photo by Lisa Bartoli)

West Sixth Tempe, the towers formerly known as Centerpoint, named a property management firm and opened an interim leasing office Friday in its first step toward filling the empty apartments by fall.

Zaremba Group, the company that purchased the towers Feb. 18, chose Capstone Companies to manage the residential community. The property management firm’s responsibilities include handling the community development, any on-going operations and leasing.

The firm opened its interim leasing office in the former American Apparel building on 526 S. Mill Ave. to allow interested renters a look at what the towers will offer.

Angie Miller, public relations director for The James Agency, Zaremba Group’s personal relations firm, said though Capstone Companies is not currently allowing anyone to sign leases or give deposits until March 31, it is allowing residents to look at floor plan options.

There is also a waiting list available for people wishing to reserve an apartment, she said.

Miller said Zaremba Group specifically chose Capstone Companies because it has experience with residential areas similar to Tempe, such as Taylor Place on ASU’s Downtown campus.

“Capstone Companies was chosen because they bring housing expertise of mixed-use communities that include collegiate populations, faculty, staff and young professionals,” Miller said. “They have a thorough understanding of the Tempe community and a desire to smoothly incorporate West Sixth Tempe into the neighborhood.”

The prices for the luxury apartments range from $945 for a studio apartment to $1,995 for a three-bedroom apartment, Miller said.

These prices are slightly higher in comparison to Grigio Metro in Tempe, another luxury apartment in the area with studio apartments starting at $799 and three-bedroom apartments starting at $1970.

Despite the comparable prices, Grigio Metro manager Jason Vergele said he does not see the opening of West Sixth Tempe as an issue for business.

Former Mesa Community College student and Tempe resident, 23-year-old Brad Williams, who has considered moving into the towers, said he thinks the prices are lower than expected considering the location and because they are luxury apartments.

“I have not seen the inside yet or what other amenities are included, but it seems like they are being offered for a fair price,” he said.

There will be an official ribbon-cutting ceremony for the leasing office March 28, and leasing will be available beginning March 31, Miller said.

Tower I is expected to be ready for residents by August 1, and Tower II will be completed in December.

Reach the reporter at danielle.legler@asu.edu

×