The NBA playoffs: where amazing happens, if you have a lot of patience and time.

Does anyone else feel that the NBA playoffs are so overdrawn that they need their own All-Star break?

While plenty have claimed that this year’s playoffs may be the best in recent memory, they are still the same long and seemingly never-ending NBA playoffs.

Playoffs are supposed to be an exciting time for any sports fan, but the NBA playoffs are just too hard to follow because they take three months to complete.

It is unlikely, but if a team were to play the maximum number of playoffs games, they would wind up playing 28 extra games. That’s just less than 35 percent of an entire NBA season.

Basketball may be an exciting and entertaining sport, but no sport should have playoffs that include half the teams in the league, four seven-game series, and last three months.

No matter how exciting basketball and the NBA may be, it is just cumbersome and exhausting to follow playoffs that never seem to end and often lack drama until the later rounds.

Wake me up when the conference finals start.

Reach the columnist at william.boor@asu.edu

×