Palm Walk Runway: Natural Beauty

ZuZu Lipstick
ZuZu Lipstick

Now, I know that I have always been a little wary of organic or natural beauty products. But without trying them myself, I have no real expertise on whether it is really better for you or not.

However, after reading an article on whowhatwear.com by Erin Lee Smith, a knowledgeable makeup artist on eco-friendly beauty products, really changed my outlook on natural products.

In the article, Erin went through individual products that would be used daily in preparation for the day and described what natural ingredient each product contains.

I am first going to start with the foundation that Erin talked about. Foundation, or some kind of cover-up is probably the number one most essential and used product by women in their makeup routine.

Smith said that when it comes to natural products, many people complain that the foundation doesn’t stay on or last long. However, she does recommend one product in particular that is not tested on animals and that does not contain any artificial fragrances.

[gallery order="DESC"]

The foundation product is called Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation. Along with the mouthful of a name of the product, comes a sheer foundation that gives a full-coverage look.

For blush, Erin recommended The Organic Pharmacy beauty products line called, Organic Glam. The blush is also sheer giving you that natural look, and can be layered to create brighter cheeks.

For all of you mascara lovers out there, there is a much better product for you than the conventional brands. The recommended brand is the Physicians Formula’s Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara. The packaging even comes in a leaf shape, reminding you that you are eco-friendly every time you use the product.

Finally, come the lips. Erin recommends a product that she has used quite often, and performs just the same as the regular lipsticks. The brand is called Zuzu Luxe, and comes in a variety of vibrant colors. This product can also be found at your very own Whole Foods. Who would have thought?

While you are stocking up your wardrobe with eco-friendly clothing, maybe it’s time to rethink your makeup products as well. So visit your local Whole Foods or natural store and scavenger the isles for the latest natural beauty products.

×