It’s baaa-aaack.

It’s not quite official yet, but according to reports from ESPN and NFL.com, all major points in a new collective bargaining agreement has been agreed upon, and the two sides are just nitpicking the details.

The NFL Network even had analysts predicting that the lockout would be over by Wednesday.

I think we all saw this coming. Both players and owners make a ton of money off the NFL. Letting the season go to waste would be the worst sports decision since the NHL lockout, which almost destroyed hockey in the U.S.

But at least NHL players had the chance to go play in Europe. Where would NFL players have gone?

Plus the fact that a year without fantasy football probably would have sparked message board riots around the Internet.

But a crisis has been averted, and fantasy drafts will soon be taking place. There’s a lot to catch up on.

Honestly, there was no way an NFL season was going to be lost. We have our sports back.

Except for the NBA. And while they say no news is good news, I’m worried. We haven’t heard a thing since the lockout was officially announced.

Can you imagine a year without Nash, Bryant, Griffin, Pierce, Durant and Wade?

It’s a good thing fantasy basketball hasn’t taken off like its football counterpart.

×