Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 39-year-old Tempe man was arrested early Wednesday morning after it was found that he illegally entered an apartment on the 1800 block of East Don Carlos Avenue, police reported.The man entered through an unlocked front door while the apartment was occupied. The residents saw the man downstairs sitting in a living room chair, according to a police report

He was then escorted out of the building and the Tempe Police were contacted, police reported.

It was also found that the man had vomited in an upstairs bathroom prior to being seen in the living room, according to a report.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of first-degree criminal trespassing, police reported.

• A 23-year-old Phoenix man was arrested in the early morning on July 18 at the intersections of South Priest Drive and West La Jolla Drive after it was found that he has a warrant for his arrest in California for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, police reported.He was contacted as the passenger of a vehicle and Tempe Police were notified of the man’s warrant, according to a police report.

Once the man was removed from the vehicle and detained, his brother got out of the car and began yelling at the police that they weren’t going to take his brother to jail, police reported.

The detained man then ran from the area while police dealt with his brother, but he was quickly located, according to a report.

The brother also fled the scene but was not found, police reported.

The detained man was then transported to Tempe City Jail for the warrant and one count of second degree escape, according to a report.

• A 19-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on the 400 block of South Mill Avenue on July 17 after it was found that he was using another person’s drivers license and began to get physical with police, police reported.The man did not tell police the truth about his identification after he was trying to enter a bar with the driver’s license, according to a police report.

When it was obvious that the license wasn’t his, a police officer reached out to detain him, but the man resisted and knocked off the officer’s microphone, police reported.

The man then reached back with his right hand as if he was preparing to punch but police grabbed him and forced him against the hood of an SUV, according to a report.

He then began to throw punches in the direction of officers but was ultimately tased by police, police reported.

One officer injured his knee during the struggle and was transported to Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital and the suspect was booked on three counts of aggravated assault of police officers, one count of a minor using a fake identification to enter a bar, one count of using another person’s driver’s license and one count of giving false information, according to a report.

×