Terrelle Pryor is going to be excellent in the NFL.

I can’t wait to see the former Jeannette High School prospect that dazzled fans go from one of the best programs in the country to a mediocre team that can’t build for the future.

He certainly has the speed. A 4.36 40-yard dash time is nothing to scoff at, especially for a quarterback. Neither is 754 rushing yards. The question is his arm.

He is coming off the best season in his career, throwing for 2,772 yards, a 27-11 TD/INT ratio and an outstanding 65 percent completion rate.

There have been many running QBs who have failed before Pryor though.  From the same college came Troy Smith. This is a bad comparison, since Smith’s biggest problem has been his vision, which should come as no surprise as he is listed at just six feet tall.

JaMarcus Russell is the other common comparison. Debatably the biggest bust in NFL history (sorry Ryan Leaf), he had a tremendous final season at LSU, leading the Tigers to a Sugar Bowl victory over Notre Dame.

The biggest difference that sets Pryor apart is his escapability. Pryor is great at avoiding the rush and finding lanes to exploit the defense, much like Vince Young in his first season with the Titans. Meanwhile Jamarcus Russell has the uncanny ability to sack himself. Just search YouTube.

×