Tuesday night's Dodgers-Diamondbacks game seemed like just another mid-September meeting between division rivals.

Well, that is, until the top of the seventh inning rolled around.

The NL West leading- Diamondbacks were down 4-3 and looking for an equalizing run.

Gerardo Parra, a guy with a grand total of seven home runs on the year, led off the inning. Parra tried to bunt the first pitch and almost ended up with a ball to the face. Parra didn't take well to the high heat and looked determined to exact revenge.

Sure enough, Parra got a hold of one and sent it deep into the right field bleachers.

It was great.

He admired his bomb for a few seconds and instantly renewed the Dodgers-Diamondbacks rivalry. Dodger players, including star pitcher Clayton Kershaw, jawed with Parra and the rest of the D-Backs bench the whole way around the bases.

It's exciting to finally have a legitimate reason to dislike the Dodgers again. It's now personal, and games between the two clubs for the next few years should be highly impassioned for both the teams and the fans. It will be fun, and the “Beat LA” chants can't start soon enough.

×