Boise State is for real.

The No. 4 Broncos are ranked as one of the best teams in the country, but as usual, doubters remain.

Yes, the Broncos do not play in one of the six BCS conferences, but that is not their fault. They have done everything asked of them and deserve more respect.

Since beating the Oklahoma Sooners in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, the have won every big game they played in.

They understand the disadvantage they are at coming from a small conference, which is why they are fearless and take risks.

Boise has opened the past three seasons with wins over ranked teams, and two of those victories have been on the road.

Try finding an SEC team or any team from a major conference with the confidence and the fearlessness to do that.

The Broncos have repeatedly proved doubters wrong, but no matter what they do, it is never good enough.

People always say that they could not compete in one of the six “elite” conferences. How would they know?

There is no reason to doubt Boise State as they have passed every challenge placed before them. Just ask Oklahoma, Oregon, TCU, Virginia Tech, Utah and Georgia.

×