Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 30 at the 1100 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of burglarizing a vehicle, according to a police report.According to the report, a woman told police the stereo from her vehicle was stolen while the vehicle was parked at an apartment complex.

Police responded to the call and were able to pull fingerprints from the vehicle’s windows, police reported.

After running the prints using the Automated Fingerprint Identification System, police traced the prints to a man arrested in February for an unrelated shoplifting incident, according to the report.

When the match was confirmed, officers discovered the man lived in the same apartment complex where the vehicle was broken into, police reported.

The woman had no relation to the man and didn’t know any man with a similar description, according to the report.

• A 34-year-old Tempe man was arrested on suspicion of breaking a window with his skateboard Monday at a Jack in the Box near University Drive and Mill Avenue, police reported.Police found the man on Seventh Street walking from College Avenue, according to the report.

The man admitted that he hit the window with his hand causing it to “spider web,” according to the report.

When placed under arrest, the man had both a yellow glass with marijuana residue and a usable amount of marijuana wrapped in cellophane in his possession, according to the report.

He was booked for being in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

When questioned, the man admitted he got into a verbal argument with one of the employees because he was not served or waited in the way he would have liked, police reported.

He said the employee told him to leave before he ordered, according to the report.

The man told police he didn’t break the window before he left and that the pipe and marijuana was given to him by a friend, but he didn’t have a chance to smoke it, police reported.

This report was complied by Shawn Raymundo and Sade Hurst. Reach the reporters at sraymund@asu.edu and shurst2@asu.edu.

×