I was wrong about Tim Tebow.

I’ll admit I didn’t really hop on the bandwagon during his time in Florida. Like a lot of Heisman winners that turned out to be busts, I didn’t think his skills could translate to a Sunday quarterback.

One he made it to the NFL, it was tiring to tune in to “SportsCenter” and listen to analysts bicker every single morning where Tebow truly belonged on the Denver Broncos’ depth chart.

I wouldn’t call myself a Tebow hater. I just had a hard time believing all the hype.

But on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, Tebow made me eat my words.

Tebow’s first start of the 2011 season began terribly; he looked like he didn’t belong on the field and threw errant passes. The postgame analysis was ready to be a Tim Tebow bashing party.

Then Tebow led the cavalry when it mattered the most. Down 15-0, Tebow threw two key touchdown passes in the game’s final minutes and pulled off a two-point conversion that sent the game into overtime, leading to a game-winning field goal.

The key stat of the game for Tebow: 9-for-13 for 121 yards passing in the final 13 minutes.

As for my thoughts now? Tim Tebow sure looks like a winner to me. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press newsletter.

×