ASU’s Greek Life’s Pan-Hellenic Council is holding a second opportunity for women to join sororities on campus.

This Tuesday through Thursday, three of the sororities — Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Delta Pi and Gamma Phi Beta — will be recruiting more women to join their chapters.

“After Pan-Hellenic sorority recruitment was held over Labor Day weekend, many students contacted the Fraternity and Sorority Life office, expressing the desire to join an organization,” said assistant director of student and cultural engagement Jennifer Stults-Krasnow. “Therefore, the Pan-Hellenic Council organized this opportunity for more women to benefit from the sorority experience.”

Between the three sorority chapters, there are a total of 160 openings available, according the Pan-Hellenic Council, and approximately 100 women are signed up to participate in the second round of recruitment.

Compared to the recruitment process last month — when nearly 900 women swarmed Hayden Law for Bid Day — the second recruitment is much shorter and much more intimate.

The second recruitment is less intense and more advantageous for new members, Krasnow said.

“I like the smaller, more laid-back feel of this recruitment, and luckily I like the three houses that are participating this time around,” said journalism sophomore and recruit Kendal O’Connor.

Some women who weren’t aware of the first recruitment process last month were left to the second recruitment option. But journalism sophomore Heather Higley said that the small selection and laid-back process is not ideal because there aren’t as many sorority chapters to learn about and choose from.

Contact the reporter ctetreau@asu.edu

×