A month ago I was hoping Wisconsin, LSU, Clemson, Stanford, Boise State and Oklahoma State would all go undefeated.

Because for me, when the BCS cries, I smile.

Now, as we sit less than two weeks away from the end of the regular season, only two unbeaten teams remain in the country (one if you take away Houston, who is ranked laughably at No. 8 despite its best win coming against UCLA).

When the unbeaten teams began to fall, I dreaded the BCS possibly lucking into a perfect matchup. But little did I know all the upsets would cause even more chaos than I ever could’ve dreamt for.

As it stands now, the top six teams in the latest BCS rankings all have a legitimate shot to play for the national championship. But what makes it so fun is the potential matchups that very well could happen.

Here’s my favorite scenario: Let’s pretend No. 1 LSU beats No. 3 Arkansas but loses to No. 13 Georgia in the SEC title game. Then No. 4 Oklahoma State drops its rivalry match against No. 9 Oklahoma, and No. 17 Clemson beats No. 5 Virginia Tech in the ACC championship game.

Add it all up and which two teams do you get in the BCS title match? Stanford and Alabama — two squads that wouldn’t win their conference championships, but would have the chance to win the national title.

Awesome. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press newsletter.

×